Wednesday, July 1, 2009

in a dream that was no dream at all

I dread the thought to think of who I was or who I will be without you. I surrender my heart and all my armies and even the moon and sun, just to be in your arms again. Our sacred garden. Our little family. I loved you in Texas and I loved you when I was throwing up the mornings after. I love you now and I’ll love you straight through. Let the bridges wash out. Let the tidal waves come. Burn down the cities, you and me, we can always go on the run. And I come to you now and beg to bathe your feet. I come to you now as the man you love. As the shade from the tree. As the tears of hope. As this long filled desire. You are each and every dream. You are each hunger and kiss and each dream I do not want to wake from. I want to lie with you in the shade of the pines and dream up our new world together. I want for you to take me in your arms just so and place your hand in my and place your cheek to mine and tell me we will always have this, be this, feel this love. And I will tell you of the sorrows I no longer have. The sorrows you helped to slay. I will kiss you for each day you’ve been alive, for each day yet to be. I will hold you in my arms while the soldiers overtake the cities and burn books in the courtyards. Come what may, I am the man who loves and my back is strong, my will stronger, my love stronger yet. With you I have the heart of a tugboat. You are every song I’ve ever sung. You are each tear I cried from happiness that was, that is yet to be. And I see you in my dreams, in the royal gardens with all the colors and flowers alight. Holding a child in your arms, wearing all white. The birds singing their song, our song, god’s song. And I’ve found peace and I’ve found peace in you and I’ve found peace I will not let go of. You are every moment and every dream and every prayer I’ve uttered softly to the midnights. And you are no ghost and you are no phantom you are beauty alive and to me you are the world entire so set astride with me down this road and love me until we are gone gone gone from this world.

This was a journey I had long wanted but was unprepared for.
You are absolutely, the love of my life and my life and heart is yours.

Babydoll.

No comments:

Post a Comment